Ranting, or Just Pure Genius

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Bigger Picture

I just don't get it. Could the majority of America stop worrying about their petty little issues and start looking at the big picture. What I am talking about here is the good ol U.S.A. Wherever I go and engage in conversation, NEVER do I actually hear anyone start a conversation about the issues the U.S. is facing as a country in the future. WAKE UP!!!! If you don't start paying attention and voicing real opinions, you won't be able to have a school board meeting where you argue for hours over whether or not the kids should be able to wear Halloween costumes to school. You'll look out your front window one day and say, "Honey why are all those Chinese soldiers marching down our street?" Or if the Middle East has its way you may be saying, "Honey should I wear the Blue or White Burka today?" And now they are saying it looks as if Tony Blair will be stepping down in the Spring. Great, the only fuckin ally the U.S. has in the whole world (with any kind of strength both financially and militarily) and his country is pissed at him because he is. I leave Isreal out of this since they are fighting for their own survival daily.
The intial thought upon reading this may be, Listen to that right wing redneck SOB. My suggestion though would be to start paying attention to the news, its right in front of your face!!
The current Iranian President has only said on more than one occasion that their purpose is to annihilate Isreal and then take down the West. Do you think he's kidding? I sure as hell don't!!! And China, shit, they are getting bigger everyday and are in desperate need of oil to keep their machine running, hence the dealings with Iran and the Sudan. Russia, they will be more than happy to ride whoever's coattails will keep them afloat.
It doesn't scare me that at some point in next 25 years we will no longer be a superpower, what bothers me is that about 75% of Americans will never see it coming. And then they will want to blame some politicians for it, and not themselves.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Kate said...

My dear Jim, I knew we didn't agree politically, I just never knew how much. I feel like I better not retort, because something tells me you might come back with, "Jane, you ignorant slut..."

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Damian d'Entremont said...

I love Birch Beer. Originally from Philly, by way of LA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home