Clarity
I thougt I would try to expand on my last post just a little. A good friend of mine feels we are on different planets when it comes to politics. I have a feeling we are closer than she thinks. Let me start by saying I was and still am opposed to our invasion of Iraq. As different news of that country has come to light over the past few years, some ideas of mine may have changed but my overall opinion is the same. I always thought that Saddam was pretty much only interested in his own wealth and well being and living in his mansions. My opinion is that if we as a country are going to put are soldiers in harms way, it better be for a good reason. Afganistan... a different story, we needed to create a response to the World Trade Center to show that we will not sit back and take it.
The problem with Iraq and Afganistan, is there never was a real exit plan. Create a democracy, crap, its been a couple hundred years here, and we're still working on it. People are worried about Civil War in Iraq, UMM didn't we have one of those?
My last post had a lot more to do with the complacency of the American people than it did on my political stand, but I do believe what I said, obviously with a little tongue in cheek.
Here would be my real question, Can we ever create a canidate for President that is really about the people? Someone who doesn't stand just for a Democrat or Republican agenda? Someone who doesn't owe everybody favors once he gets there? Not sure, but I do know that until the day we do, there will always be a large percentage of people that think whoever is president is an ass, while the other will think he/she's great, and arguing over Halloween costumes, doesn't help in proving me wrong.


1 Comments:
Well, the short answers are: No, NO and Definitely No. It takes a long time in politics and a real deep position in rich people's pockets to get to be the Leader of the Free World. Both Dems and GOPs alike. There have been a few that have tried to ride the fence of party lines: Ross Perot, the guy who wore Tartan plaid everywhere, the Flat Tax dude, and the consumer advocate whose name escapes me right now (my brain is fried - can't think of any of these names and don't have time to look them up).
But I totally know what you mean about all this. So ok, I guess there is hope that we agree on something. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home