HOLY CRAP ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
Well, what a surpirse, I have read the news again and I am totally stupified as to how the stories are being printed. Once again, if you haven't read the news all the Muslim Clerics are up in arms about comments made by Pope Benedict XVI in regards to Mohammed and the Muslim religion in general. If they read the news or paid attention to what he said, they would have heard that more than once during the speech, he qouted that this comment came from a written text of a debate between Emperor Manuel II Paleologos of the Byzantine Empire and an educated Persian . The qoute itself was "Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." The Pope himself then added that violence was "incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul".
I am by no means a theologian, and all the Catholic haters out there will be more than happy to jump on all the shit the church has done over the years, like the Inquistion, and the Crusades. Lets keep in mind, those were descions made by man, not orders from the words of Jesus Christ. Pope John Paul II basically spent tons of time apolgizing for all the mistakes the Church has made in the past, and had always spoken out against any nation, even the U.S., when he felt their actions were wrong. Now I'm looking at those two qoutes in the above paragraph, and I'm asking, is there something there that is wrong? Or, do all the clerics hate the fact that the truth is being pointed out to the world in some simple sentences? With the first qoute about evil and inhumane, if the clerics are so up in arms about it, how come not a single one of them have spoken out against Iran or more importantly, Osama Bin Laden? I'll tell you why, because that is what they believe, they believe that if they need to kill to spread their word, then they are more than justified in doing so.
I hear all the time that that is not what Islam preaches, there are tons of Muslims, mostly Americans that come on the news all the time to tell us so. You know what, I believe them, I believe that they themselves do not condone the violence, the problem is all the main clerics NEVER show up to condemn the Jihadists. In my book, that's pretty much the same as saying I agree with their actions.
The sad part of all this the Muslims leaders are demanding an apology, when they don't get one some people will be killed or taken hostage, or something will blow up. Then instead of seeing those actions for what they are, the United Nations will still sit around with its tail between its legs because they'll be scared of offending the Mid Eastern Muslim Countries. The crap keeps getting deeper, but I feel like most Americans won't smell it until its actually up to their nose.


1 Comments:
Speaking of militant Islam and their efforts to create a global caliphate -check out Belmont Club's blog every once in a whil. I've been following Wretchard for a while & IMO, is a genius.
http://fallbackbelmont.blogspot.com/
Later.
Tom
P.S. Bruins suck.
Post a Comment
<< Home