On a Lighter Note
By the time this weekend is over, my NY Mets should be the Eastern Divsion champs, and also should be the odds on favorite to get to the World Series. For those I didn't tell this story to, here goes. My Dad had passed away this past March. At his wake, one of the last times I knelt before his casket, I leaned over to speak to him. I kept it low so no one would hear my selfish comment, but basically I said, "Dad, I'm not sure what kind of pull newcomers get up there, but a World Championship for the Mets would be nice this year." So right now, I'm thinking he must have done something right by the Lord while he was down here.
So, thanks Dad, I hope your enjoying the season as much as me.


3 Comments:
Jimmy -
Sorry to hear about the old man. I think about him every time I watch some History Channel show on Army Air corps over Germany.
As for the Mets... winning another one 20 years later would sure be nice. But I don't know if they have enough pitching.
Later... Tom
P.S. Bruins still suck.
That's a nice story. I always pray to my dad about various things in life. I've yet to have an apparition, but I know he's there in spirit.
Tom,
When are you going to start posting your words of wisdom? I think the Ice-landers suck just a little bit more than the B's. But I can't really argue with you too much there.
Jim
Post a Comment
<< Home