Home Sick
I am currently home sick, and this sucks!!! I don't know what it is, I've been getting sick 2 to 3 times a year for the last couple of years. Its always the same thing 1. Head caught in fishbowl feeling. 2. followed by running nose 3. followed by cough, then it either goes away or starts all over again. I did anticipate this, so I was able to take some work home and get something done. The other sucky thing is we have a new nurse that just started for Mary, so I have to train her in Mary's Care. I have to sort of leave her alone so I'm not hounding over her, but keep my ear peeled for when her alarms start going off. Once an alarm goes, I have to assess the situation and see if the nurse is picking up the same clues as me. I have to let her address the situation or I'll never know if she actually can address it. Then I have to use my judgement and if she isn't moving fast enough basically push her out of the way and do it myself. Its pretty stressful, but there are so many cues Mary give to what her issue is, whether its a breathing problem or she's just fussy, problem is it takes a while for someone to be able to read those cues, hence I must hover over the nurse. I have no witty ending to this post


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home