Ranting, or Just Pure Genius

Monday, October 09, 2006

My First Music Post

You know, music has always been a huge part of my life, I love it. Ever since I was young, I have been into music. I got my first album in 4th grade, that was 1976. The album, which I still listen to today and I rank as a great one was Kiss Alive. Go ahead and laugh, but as far as hard rock goes, that album kicks ass. The first album I ever bought with my own money ELO - A New World Record. Sorry, don't really listen to them anymore. As I have gotten older my tastes are very diverse. To give you a hint, back in 1992 (I think that was the year) I saw two concerts in less then 7 days, big deal you say, we all have seen lots of shows. Look at the contrast of these two. The first was a Saturday evening at Madison Sqaure Garden, the performers Frank Sinatra w/ Steve Lawrence and Edie Gorme as the warm up. Less than 7 days later at the Ritz in NYC the return of S.O.D., the Stormtroopers of Death, arguably the best hardcore band of all time!!!

Whats my point, I don't really have one, but I guess it would be over time I have listened to and purchased tons of different stuff, some you forget about. This past weekend my daughter and I were baking Chocolate Chip Cookies and I was looking for something to listen to while we did it. I pulled out The Breeders- Last Splash I don't even know if they ever put out a second one. But this CD was good, I forgot about the songs, some brought back memories of the early 90's. I had wondered why i didn't listen to it more. The moral of this post... Listen to old CD's!!!

My pick for "newer" musicians that deserve you take a listen to - Erin McKeown.

6 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing rivals Token Entry's debut platter " From Beneath The Streets". Timmy Chunks rules.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger jim said...

Ah yes, Token Entry. I forgot about your close connection. I would definitely listen to that over OOMMA GOOMA !!!!

HA HA

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't knock Pink Floyd's pyschedelic classic. It ranks up there with King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson Kiiiiiiiinnnnnnng. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhh oooooohhh"

Don't make me come down to south Jersey and push you into a pile of garbage.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger jim said...

How I didn't get bitten by a rat in that pile of garbage I have no idea. That was funny though

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Jimmy - what happened to your love of Blue Oyster Cult?

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger jim said...

BOC still rules. I just haven't gone to see them yet this year. They are playing in Staten Island in NOv and back in NYC in Jan so we'll see if I can make it to one!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home