Ranting, or Just Pure Genius

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

School Bus Beating Caught on Tape

Not sure if you have seen the news in the last couple of days, but there was another incident of kids beating another kid on the school bus, this time it was girls. I am kind of amazed at how shocked the news reporters act when they report these incidents and show the tape. It's as if they have never gone to school before or for that matter never saw a fight in school. I will admit the problem I have with the fight(s) is all too often its NEVER an even match. It always 2 on 1 and like the most recent video of the two girls, some kind of sneak attack takes place. Call me crazy but when I was in school there was at least some kind of "ethics" to fighting. It was planned, we meet here after school, two people fight while about 3000 watch and when some guy says "I give" its all over. There were always guys that didn't abide by that, they would follow some weakling around and break his balls and slap him around a little. Usually the guys that used this tactic were losers in their own right, and if they are actually holding down a job somewhere I'd be surprised. By the time I was in high school, if you saw some cretin doing this to a much weaker person you would basically speak up and tell him to cut the shit or fight someone his own size. That was only when physical violence was involved, you pretty much stayed out of it when it was only verbal antagonizing.

So i guess thats what i find disturbing, whenever we see these videos, what we never see is someone coming to the aid of the person getting their ass wupped. Have we become a society that has such blinders on? So appauled by the violence of today that we ignore teaching our kids about it. Do fathers teach their children about these types of situations anymore? My Dad never taught me how to fight, but we definitely had more than one conversation about when you need to stand up and when you need to back down.

I guess I'm forgetting one thing, maybe all the rest of the kids felt the person who was getting wupped, deserved it. If they didn't, then their non-commital to get involved is a sad statement.

Oh and let me be clear, involvement can simply mean trying to break it up.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for your daily post-game analysis of the Mets playoff run. Or are you afraid of jinxing it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home