Ranting, or Just Pure Genius

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Step Aside Mike Lupica

I have been laying low on this Mets series. But as requested in a previous post, my analysis is much needed since my job isn't to get newspapers sold.

Currently down 2-1 in the NLCS, my Mets face a critcial game tonight. You definitely don't want to be down 3-1 with one game left in the visitors ballpark, I don't care who's pitching for you. I am sure some fans are running scared at this point. Let's review the series to this point.

Game 1 - Mets out pitch, out field and score just enough to win. They win the ballgame. Pujols cries about how Glavine wasn't that good, yet his team still lost. Mets Win this one

Game 2- Mets sit in the drivers seat pretty much the whole game Mota pitches OK but then doesn't learn from his mistake pitch. Shawn Green comes inches away from a catch which would have sqaushed the Cards hopes. Also, lets not forget about Delgado's error early in game (2nd inning) in which a run scored on, I believe they would have gotten out of that inning. Bend over big man!!!!! Cards don't win this one, the Mets lose it.

Game 3- Out pitched, out hit, and out fielded. The Cards pounded the Mets in every part of this game. Cards win this one.

We are now at pivatol game 4. All everyone is saying is what a pig Perez is. The bright spot for the Mets. He has shown flashes of brilliance including a great start against the Braves in early September. What about the Cards, there guy Reyes has over a 5 ERA. Key to a Mets victory, Get to Reyes early, the Mets bullpen can still out pitch the Cards pen, and I believe that is how this game will be won or lost. The Cards bats are riding high, if Perez can get through the first 3 without giving up a run, we will be in great shape.


Now lets sit back and watch and see if I'm right. Oh yeah, lock of the day. The Bengals giving 4 1/2 to Tampa. Put your mortgage on it.

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks genius. I am now living in a cardboard box.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger jim said...

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you if that didn't work out to get it back on the Chargers -10. Thats what I did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home